Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Water Route

First blisteringly hot day in CHS, so today's carry includes suit pants and fresh shirt.  All fits perfectly in lumbar (fanny) pack.  Suit and googles are along for the ride, but decided to take a different, longer route to work and pool will probably not happen.
Today through Hampton Park.  Probably my favorite place in the world.  It is beautiful this time of year.  Fire ant mounds to come, but now, beautiful.
 Live oaks and Spanish moss.  Hurricane Hugo wiped out the moss years ago, but now back in full force.  Nothing says Charleston more.
Proof I was here.
Skate right past the Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina.  A great neighbor, really.
Football stadium, great pavement, and Bulldog.
Route to the water, due West.
Brittlebank Park and water!
Some of my favorite places in Charleston.  Dave's Fish.

Morris Brown AME, good friend Rev. Darby, pastor.
My normal lunch spot.  Irie.
View out of my office window.
And here we are.  A little behind schedule for a busy day.
Up the stairs.

Good morning to Sharmaine. She went out last night with the ladies in the office.  A little rough.
Down the hall.

Where it all happens.  I am a lucky boy to live in this town.  My skate to work on a early summer day made that clear.

1 comment: